Saya is a high school girl in Okinawa. One night, a mysterious blood-sucking creature appears at her school. But she is saved by a man from her past, a past that she cannot remember. (c. 2006 Rating: Average)
This anime started out right for me–there was lots of action and mystery, especially mystery. Why couldn’t Saya remember her past? What was it that she couldn’t remember? What’s the secret behind the Chiroptera? Who is Diva?
This vampire action series went on a good pace until in the 2nd half where I noticed that things seemed to drag. The baddies had all the opportunities to kill Saya. But then, they would find some completely stupid reason to not kill her. I was starting to tire of all that ‘Subete wa Diva no tame ni’ declaration (which must have been repeated quite a lot for me to even remember it). The ending was quite duh, although still acceptable for me.
- Animation at 0.75/0.75. Acceptable.
- Characters at 0.50/1. I have to say, I still would have liked it if most of the characters died except for Saya. Riku and Kai, Saya’s ‘brothers’, began to annoy me later on in the series, and I wouldn’t have missed them had they both died.
- Music at 0.75/0.75. Nice OPs and EDs.
- Story/Plot/Dialogue at 0.5/1. This series shouldn’t have stretched to 50 episodes. The realization that there was needless stretching was such a downer. This series isn’t good for a rewatch.
- Entertainment value at 1.0/1.5. The first half of the series was quite entertaining; I was so into the quest to know the whats and whys of the Chiroptera, Saya, and the Chevaliers. The Chiroptera are still scary, and the fighting scenes are quite ok. If only for this, the show is good enough for watchability.
One thing, I haven’t seen yet Blood: The Last Vampire. I have no idea if it’s better than this one.