- Kyouhei et al (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge) – I have no idea why those 4 guys are cute. I mean, they’re utterly useless at the mansion, letting poor Sunako do all the chores. And they still have hordes of girls going after them! I like the Ouran hosts better hehehe.
- Raki (Claymore) – I could almost crown him the reincarnation of Emiya Shirou. Unfortunately, he’s a central character in Claymore so he doesn’t get to die, like he should.
Favorite Male Characters
- Chagum (Seirei no Moribito) – Kawaii!!! ‘Nuff said.
- Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile) – He can play the piano and violin well, and knows how to cook! The almost perfect man.
- Yoshimori (Kekkaishi) – He also knows how to cook! But he looks cuter in the manga though.
- Jomy (Terra E) – Emo, I know. But his transformation from whining brat to able leader of the Mu is one of the better character development among this year’s shows.
Favorite Female Characters
- Teresa (Claymore) – Coolest Claymore of all.
- Irene (Claymore) – 2nd coolest Claymore of all.
- Galatea (Claymore) – Prettiest Claymore of all, is cooler in the manga.
- Balsa (Seirei no Moribito) -Breaks the Claymore stranglehold in this category. Also, the only one in this category who has a love interest hahaha.
Unfortunately, the performance of the Marimite girls aren’t enough to include them here.
- President Aria (ARIA The OVA ~ARIETTA~) – This time the winner is a cat.
- Chagum (Seirei no Moribito) – I just think he’s cute, nothing else, OK? 🙂
- Hero’s Come Back (Naruto Shippuden) – Naruto fever is back.
- endscape (Terra E) – It just pops up in my head from time to time, can’t do anything about it.
- Raison d’Etre (Claymore) – It’s Claymore, it has to be here.
- Shalala Ayakashi Night (Kekkaishi) – Hasn’t had much playtime in my mp3 rotation though.
- a little pain (NANA) – I absolutely love this one.
- Danzai no Hana~Guilty Sky (Claymore) – Repeat from fave OP #3.
- Shangri-La (Hataraki Man) – Makes me wanna dance.
- This Night (Terra E) – Nice.
None this year.
Surprise of the year
- Terra E/Dennou Coil – One of the reasons I still watch anime despite the abundance of crap is the chance to discover some gems that are worth watching. This year, these 2 shows tie for the distinction of surprising me with good and thrilling last halves. You cannot ask for more.
I guess that ends this year’s favorites list. I hope to post the series rankings later. What about you, dear reader, who or what are on your fave lists for this year? 🙂