Star Date. What I liked most about this episode is that we get to see the inner scenery of Macross Frontier fleet itself.
- I am now afflicted with that phenomenon called LSS. The culprit? ‘Triangular’. After countless viewings I’ve finally warmed up to the OP.
- Locker room incident is now part of Macross lore, specifically, Macross Frontier. 20 years from now I wonder what future anime fans would think of this. With the original series, Kurogane’s wonder at tuna fishing in space made me chuckle.
- If there is one thing that is so strange in Macross Frontier that it had to be achieved in reality, I’d like Ranka’s cellphone. And that GUI from Alto’s cellphone too!!!!
- Sheryl sightseeing around Macross Frontier with Alto is reminiscent of Ichijo’s better days with Minmay, especially in DYRL.
- There’s a Zentradi mall! It feels a little weird seeing giants made for war strolling in a mall, doing shopping, singing, etc etc. Another surprise are the gigantic cows that look like hippopotamuses.
- During a secret briefing for survivors of previous Vajra attacks, we learn more about the Vajra, and the possibility that somebody or something is controlling it. The formidable Vajra also shows it can re-activate–as it does when Ranka started singing again.
- With the challenge from Mikhail, Ranka overcomes shyness and sings. I wonder what her hit song would be when she makes her debut. Her little victory is short-lived however, because she sees Sheryl kissing Alto. The love triangle engine is now accelerating! 😀