It’s a miracle! It’s another post! And the matrix makes a comeback!
Okay, so following the success of the prioritization matrix for ‘divining’ what shows to drop, I decided to try it out on the anime rankings as well. Guess what? It works! I mean, I generate 50% less wrinkles while trying to decide which slot Code Geass 2 should be in, or how to control my mecha love to obtain some sort of objectivity for the top ranking. Now let’s get to it!
- Macross Frontier #1
Yeah it manages to eke out ARIA by a slim margin. I just finished watching the last episode, and before I ramble on, there is only one thing: I don’t like Ranka. If this does happen in the movie, maybe my mind will change. Otherwise, she’s not worthy of succeeding Minmay and Basara.
- ARIA Origination #2
I was really eyeing this as the top anime, but the matrix ‘betrayed’ me lol. If no new anime manages to impress more, then the top 2 spots are assured in the final rankings. Unless the next anime manages to level up. And I mean…
- Xam’d #3
There’s a lot of potential here–the Eureka 7 vibes are giving it a boost. I like the mystery, it’s so like in Eureka 7 where the revelations feel like they just happen at the perfect time. And I smell a love triangle. I just love love triangles. 😀
- Xxxholic Kei #4
Beats Kurenai, I don’t know how that happened lol. But I suspect it has something to do with the ending. This series ended well.
- Kurenai #5
The series was good, but as implied above, I wasn’t 100% satisfied with the ending. Maybe just 85%.
- Natsume Yuujincho #6
Relaxing atmosphere, nice stories, nice animation, and a funny cat. This is what makes this series good in my eyes.
- Itazura na Kiss #7
Funny, yes. Intellectually, well I just don’t think about it too much. What’s important is that I enjoyed this series.
- Code Geass 2 #8
There are times I hope for the best out of this show. there are times I want to forgive its shortcomings, and there are times I wish they’d just ended at one season. I haven’t finished this yet, so my final judgement is still to come.
Ah, something to break the monotony of letters
- Antique Bakery #9
Good thing I didn’t get a craving for the cakes like I had with melon pan. My diet plan would have been in shambles. Is there a second season? =p
- Hayate no Gotoku #10
The Utena spoof comes to mind everytime I think of this show. There were parts of the show that I didn’t like, but over-all the thing is I still view this show with a little fondness.
- Freedom #11
I think I talked about this in my previous post. Too tired write anything new lol.
- Shion no Ou #12
I really like the OP and the ED. And the main lady characters, both real and fake. But I’m amazed how it still beat Gundam 00.
- Yakushiji Ryoko No Kaiki Jikenbo #13
I just like how Ryoko can do almost anything she wants. This series isn’t going to be a classic, but well, Ryoko’s antics entertain, don’t they?
- Kimikiss Pure Rouge #14
It;s only been a few months since this show ended and now I really can’t recall how I felt about this show. Maybe I’m still not 100% sure how to think about it?
- Gundam 00 #15
I did a 3-part post series on this. I don’t know what to say anymore. ^_^
- Vampire Knight #16
Ah, the vampires land at the bottom of the pile. There’s nothing extraordinary about the show, so it’s not really a surprise that it ends up here.
The table of results itself
- Casshern Sins – Robots? I’m in.
- Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 2nd Season – More robots. Not sure I’m gonna enjoy this one though.
- Kurogane no Linebarrels – And more robots! 2008 has certainly been blessed by the gods of mecha😄
- Kurozuka – It’s all about the pic. :drool:
- Mouryou no Hako (Box of Goblins) – Something dark for a change.
- Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter – More Nodame! But I wonder how it would turn out now that I watched the live-action version first.
- Shikabane Hime Aka – Another ‘dark-themed’ anime.
- Skip Beat! – It’s not really my type of show but I guess I’ll give this one a try to counter the gloomy series on this list.
- Tytania – Oh yeah oh yeah the director worked on SDF Macross! But most of the cast are males and I wonder if I’d get bored with testosterone overdose. Actually there’s a special preview out now. At first I was getting Banner/Crest of the Stars vibes, until I heard the upbeat music. They better have an engaging plot. Link: Special.
This is probably the second to the last rankings post, unless I get the itch again to post another set of rankings. Ja!