After a day full of eating cholesterol-laden foods– eggs for breakfast, crispy pork for lunch, pizza and more meat for dinner, I finally finished the first of the year-end wrap-up posts!
Most Hated/Annoying Character/s
- Stupid villains from Gundam 00 – Alejandro Corner and his golden monstrosity. Libbons and his harem. Those stupid siblings in fake Gundams.
Ranka was supposed to be here, but she did cure Sheryl’s sickness so that the latter may live. Ranka is therefore forgiven. =p
Favorite Male Characters
- Natsume (Natsume Yuujincho) – The new kid on the block. I like his gentle personality.
- Watanuki (Xxxholic Kei) – Watanuki makes the list again! Others may find his behavior annoying, but I find it amusing. And he’s a good cook too!
- Lelouch (Code Geass R2) – Another 2nd-timer on the list. From beginning to end, he’s the calculating but caring brother and excellent strategist.
- Ryuuji (Tora Dora) – The other new kid on the block. He’s a neat freak and can cook! He looks scary but is actually a good guy deep inside! Rounds out the fave male characters list.
Favorite Female Characters
- Sheryl Norme (Macross Frontier) – What can I say? Right from the first episode I’ve liked this pink-haired diva and I hope she gets Alto in the end. Sure she needs a little work on her attitude but I guess that’s also part of her appeal. 😀
- Murasaki (Kurenai) – The cutest girl since Pino. And she’s more intelligent!
- Alicia (ARIA the Origination) – Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she’s also angelic on the inside.
- CC (Code Geass R2) – I’ve only understood her more as R2 progressed. With her immortality she could have gotten away with doing mean things but didn’t do anything of the sort.
- Murasaki (Kurenai) – If you can’t tell from the pic, you’ll never understand then. 😛
- President ARIA (ARIA the Origination) – This cat is white and fat and cute. ‘Nuff said.
- Nyanko-sensei (Natsume Yuujincho) – Another fat cat, but talks! But the downside is that it eats and drinks too much hahaha.
As if to rise to the challenge of the music machine that is Macross Frontier, this year has shown me a lot of OPs and EDs that I really liked. Last year it was a little thin. I love this year!
- Aoi Hana by color bottle (Casshern SINS) – It’s upbeat and easy to sing with.
- Triangler by Maaya Sakamoto (Macross Frontier) – Same as above.
- NOBODY KNOWS by Suga Shikao (Xxxholic Kei) – Same as above.
- Kimi, Meguru, Boku by Hata Motohiro (Itazura na Kiss) – Same as above.
- Spirale by Makino Yui (ARIA Origination) – It’s relaxing.
- Fly Away by THYME (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto – Natsu no Sora) – It’s upbeat.
- Lion by May’n & Nakajima Megumi (Macross Frontier) – Same as above.
- Diamond Crevasse by May’n (Macross Frontier) – When I first heard this song, I didn’t like it at first. But as I listened again and again, and looked at the lyrics, I was enamored with it. I really like the lyrics. This song must be the most played of all the songs I listed here.
- Kataomoi Fighter by GO!GO!7188 (Itazura na Kiss) – It’s hard to sing with because it’s quite fast, but I really like it.
- Vacancy by KYLE (Bounen no Xamdou) – Another song I like to sing with. Even though my singing voice sucks. Hahaha.
- Natsu Yuuzora by Atari Kousuke (Natsume Yuujinchou) – Same with Spirale, another song that’s slow and relaxing.
- Jikan yo Tomare (feat. SEAMO) by AZU (Itazura na Kiss) – Same as above.
- Northern Cross by May’n (Macross Frontier) – I’m running out of adjectives to describe the songs…I just like listening to this, period.
- Kawaita Hana by micc (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto – Natsu no Sora) – Same as 4 and 5.
- Hanarebanare by Shigi (Kurozoka) – The lyrics are kind of cruel, but it just suits the series fine.
Surprise of the year
1. Kurenai – I got turned off from this anime because of the loli part, but I’m glad I watched again because the best part was the loli part. No, I haven’t turned into a lolicon, but my words can never truly describe the fun of watching Murasaki as she experiences the real world that was hidden from her for so long. The singing a la Red Garden and the ending weren’t high points of the show but in between it’s truly one of the best shows this year.
As for the year-end rankings, it’s going to be late because I still have to marathon 3 shows, plus the ongoing series that will end this month. Till next, ja!