I spent the past week rewatching Heroic Age, so looks like the 2012 rankings are gonna be delayed again.
So let me ramble briefly about Heroic Age. (Spoiler alert on.)
Over-all the show isn’t what you might call classic material, that category of popular shows that would get mentioned every now and then as a standard upon which other shows would be compared to. So why do I like it?
It’s just that I really, really, really liked the ending. That moment when Dhianera realizes that Age has come back has etched itself in my memory–the rush towards Age, and finally the hands touching. Endings usually don’t etch themselves into my memory that much, so that’s really special.
Another thing that I have noticed is that Prome Ou and Nilbar are too endowed. But thankfully the show didn’t seem to emphasize it unnecessarily–something that usually happens a lot more nowadays. Otherwise I might have dropped the show prematurely.
IIRC, this could be my 3rd rewatch of the show. Quite surprising for something that was never included in my yearly rankings–totally forgot about it.
On another note, winter 2013 is upon us. I’ll be checking out these shows:
- Maoyuu Maou Yuusha – Spice and Wolf didn’t impress me but I hope this one is better.
- Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun – Inu x Boku SS and Kamisama Hajimemashita were quite satisfactory to me so maybe I’d try some more shoujo.
- Amnesia – Description sounds ok to me, though I’m not that familiar with the source material and otome games in general.
- Tamako Market – Obligatory ‘light’ fare. I’m not really expecting much though.
- Sasami-san@Ganbaranai – Keywords: Shinbou and comedy. Though I am a little worried about the writer because I didn’t like Machi ga Mawatteiru.
- Chihayafuru 2 – More karuta. Yay!
- Hetalia: The Beautiful World – I hope there’s a sub for this. We’d lose out on a lot of fun otherwise.
Of course Chihayafuru 2 and Hetalia are sure to be watched till the end. I’m not sure about the other ones but I hope there’s a gem somewhere among them. 🙂
Links: Hashihime’s preview