The amount of tolerance I can muster for harem/brocon/siscon/moe is directly proportional to the amount of stress suffered at work. So after some months of stress from work, I am now back in the arms of anime lol.
And lately I have been feeling some urge to post something, so while the iron is hot I’ll strike! Some shows I’ve seen recently…
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
I have been poring over the older season previews ever since Haikyuu!! and Baby Steps ended. So I came across Mahouka and over the course of 3 days marathoned this series. Some thoughts:
– I feel the high schools students were too powerful
– Interesting supporting cast. However it was unbelievable that the high schoolers (with the exception of Tatsuya and Masaki) were not hesitant to injure other people. It felt too violent at times.
– Last 3 episodes were boring. Most interesting arc was Nine Schools Competition. After that it started going downhill…
– Narration of things to come at the end made up for the lackluster ending arc–I hope the story gets better.
Sword Art Online
– Later part of GunGaleOnline arc made me cringe a lot. When I read the novel translation it didn’t bother me that much. Oh well I guess I should look forward to Mother’s Rosario arc. Yay!
– Hard to finish even though I shouldn’t even be really thinking hard while watching this.
Ghost in the Shell Arise: Ghost Whispers
– It doesn’t feel like Ghost in the Shell. I feel like I’m watching an average anime show that doesn’t deserve any more of my time. Looks like I won’t be watching any more of GITS Arise.
On the other hand, the Fall Anime season is upon us! After going through the usual season previews here are my picks:
Mushishi Zoku Shou – Oh yes!!! More Ginko please!
Looks interesting I’ll check it out
Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo – Mecha? I’m in!
Akatsuki no Yona – I see a sword and a spear and since halfway through the preview list I am bored, I might as well check out this one.
Hitsuki no Chaika: Avenging Battle – Reminder to myself: I should finish the first season…
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso – Music? It’s been a while since a music-oriented anime series came my way.
Caught my attention but will not be watching
Terra Formars – seems to be getting a lot of press coverage based on my impressions on AnimeNewsNetwork. However the mention of cockroaches has me saying, Yuck!!
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works – I’ve had enough of Emiya Shirou from the first series. I’ll skip this one.
From the season previews I see a lot of ero-game being mentioned. Hmmm, maybe that’s why a lot of the fall stuff seems meh. The consolation is that I’ll be able to do other stuff aside from watching too much anime. Till next time, ja!