If last year was lackluster for individual character likes, this year is a drought. (Though that doesn’t mean the shows this year are lackluster.)
Happy New Year everyone! This post was delayed because I was waiting for Mouryou no Hako’s last episode, and while waiting I was not in the mood to write any ‘thoughtful’ description about each anime on my list. But now it’s finished, so enjoy!
So unlike in 2007, I feel perfectly fine now. I don’t have headaches. My room is a mess though, but blame it on the cold weather. It creates the perfect mood for blogging because you become too lazy to do anything else like cleaning, organizing, washing–the mundane stuff.
Another more important difference from last year though, is the use of the watchlist and the matrix. Before I had to research again on the shows that aired for that particular year, and it was such a bothersome task. Clicking search result links like a zombie isn’t a fun way to be spending the last days of the year, right? Another equally tedious task was how to rank the shows better, which got solved when one boring day at work the gods of anime gifted me with the matrix. It’s not truly anything groundbreaking for me but it is a great help when sorting out what I think about each series. Now the only thing left to solve is how the post writes itself lol. Actually the description for each series is the only remaining problem now, because sometimes I forget what happened with a certain series. 2008 was a busy year for me–I had to study for JLPT 2, plow through my pile of books, try living a healthier lifestyle, think about my career, blah3x and other things in between. So this could be my new challenge for 2009. 🙂
Now enough with the boring talk, and on with the list!
Thanks to the world’s no. 1 softdrink, I was able to endure headaches and drowsiness to finally complete the 2007 anime rankings. The top 3 was easy, but re-completing the list (I forgot the original at the office @_@) was not that easy. Redoing something is not an enjoyable task.
But since my brain needed a break from watching nothing but anime, and having finished most of the 2007 shows I was following, I felt it was time to do the list. Coincidentally, the number of ranked shows is also the same as last year’s: 21 shows ranked. The only difference now, is that I have decided not to insert anymore the shows I haven’t finished yet as of this writing. Also, the dropped list seems to be longer than last year’s.
Better late than never.
Genshiken 2 * Gundam 00 * Shakugan no Shana II * Ghost Hound * Minami Ke * Shion no Ou * Kimikiss Pure Rouge * Clannad
I haven’t been in the mood to post a lot for a while. It’s quite ironic, I’m in Japan but I’m watching lesser anime or can’t even get into the mood to watch some. I’m also getting less interested in reading other bloggers’ posts or even joining in the e-dorama or jumping on whatever topic is hot at the moment. I think the adjustment period should have been over; I thought I’d get more time for blogging, but I was wrong. I’m probably still confused as to what I’m feeling right now, but when I’m able to collect my thoughts more coherently perhaps I can post more about this. Yes, I think I’ll do that.
Moving on, it seems the fall season is already here. So I rechecked moetron’s list, and hashime also has a helpful list. I pored over them again, and thought hard (even though I’m getting sleepy). I’m listing my watchlist again (for absolute0‘s benefit lol). For the sure shows, here is the list, with old comments in italics.
Sure to be Watched
- ARIA The OVA ～ARIETTA – Mission accomplished, watched the raw.
- Gundam 00 – I might blog about this show, but if stretches to 50 episodes I might rethink.
- Shakugan no Shana II – The first season was pretty enjoyable, I need to hear more ‘Urusai! Urusai!’
- Genshiken 2nd Series – I’m also planning on doing per episode blogging on this show. But still I might get lazy again and change my mind lol.
- GHOST HOUND – Not really sure why. There was hype about this some time ago, guess that really interested me.
- Blue Drop – Another addition. It’s yuri. I read the translated one-shots, and it looks interesting. I might blog too, but I’m not really too keen on tackling 3 shows for this season. Oh well, whatever.
Not Sure Yet
- You’re Under Arrest! Full Throttle – I saw some episodes of this show way back when AXN was still airing it. I don’t remember much of it anymore but I might take a peek.
- Shion no Ou – It’s about chess, but the protagonist is a girl so I’m a little interested.
- BAMBOO BLADE – It’s said to be comedy, so maybe I will also have a look.
- Kaiji – If somebody subs, maybe I will watch too.
- MOONLIGHT MILE 2nd Season -Touch down – I couldn’t finish the first episode of the second season. The show doesn’t seem to go anywhere, so maybe I’ll just pick this up if a good subber comes along. Otherwise I don’t think it’s worth the effort to watch the raws.
As for my current watchlist, I’ve added Bubblegum Crisis and Elfen Lied (though I haven’t updated my watchlist page for ages). When I’m finished with them next up will be Serial Experiments Lain or Wings of Rean.
I’ve also picked up Heroic Age again, but the good subbers still have a long way to go.
It seems that my Proxy’s Picks feature is dead. It was just too much work rummaging through all those posts. Oh well, I’ll just fall back to per episode blogging, which should spice up my nights a little more. Hehehe.
I’m also having second thoughts about this blog’s theme. Should I switch back to Ocean Mist, or Regulus, or give Misty Look another chance? The header image is also awful, but I’m not getting any good ideas right now.
And I almost forgot. This blog has already passed 100,000 hits!
Thanks to spammers!!
I know that took soooooo long to get that milestone (a few days/weeks ago). But considering that I don’t post a lot, I think that’s a consolation. A very big thanks to those who have been reading this blog, and most especially to the ones who made the effort to comment. 🙂
And so ends this month’s
litany summary. Till next, ja!